Monday, September 24, 2012

Forest is Home

This weekend my foster dog, Forest/Summit, went to his forever home.  An amazing teacher who lives in a great part of Denver adopted him and picked him up Saturday morning.  I really, really like her and know that she will provide Forest with an amazing life and so much love.


Forest and his 2 week stay with us.
I expected that letting this foster go would be a bit easier...but it wasn't.  Even though he was a handful, he is one of the sweetest dogs I have ever met.  A lot of dogs avoid looking right at humans, but Forest looks directly into your eyes in a very loving and non-defiant way.  He wiggled his way into many hearts on his way from death row in Texas to a wonderful home in Colorado.  I cried when he left, but I am so happy for him and where he has ended up.

No comments:

Post a Comment