Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Going with the Flow

My new foster dog Lassiter was supposed to be coming to stay with me this Saturday, Sept. 15th.  On Sunday, I received an email that a foster dog in Eagle (just a little ways down valley from us) needed a new place to go.  Forest had been picked up from transport on Saturday, and while he had been good with cats in Texas, for some reason he HATED the cat in his new foster home.  So, since I was nearby and have no cats we offered to take him in!  Depending on how long we have him, we will probably have to find a Plan B for Lassiter.  Pictures below are of Forest, who is great with dogs and a real sweetie.  He already has a few potential adopters and whoever ends up with him will be very lucky.  Check him out on Petfinder here: http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelterid=CO309




With animals, it always helps to be a patient and flexible person...and I don't always manage to be those things.  They can be unpredictable and I have learned this lesson many, many times throughout my life.  I can't say its a terrible lesson to learn.  Animals remind us that the world doesn't always go the way we want, and that patience and empathy for others (even non-humans) can get you farther than stress and aggravation.  In my horse-showing days, my horse went lame just before the season-end Championship show and I had to watch from the sidelines while my biggest competiton won.  And Hannah somehow manages to rack up a large vet bill just when my bank account is running extra low.  But no matter what, any trouble they cause is worth the unconditional love that they never fail to give back.   

No comments:

Post a Comment