Thursday, July 26, 2012

(Lack of) Fostering

Lately life has gotten CRAZY.  I have barely had time to exercise and grocery shop much less foster any new dogs.  When I started out fostering I knew it wouldn't be something I could do constantly, for several reasons.  As much of a sport as Fritz is, he does take on a lot of the dog care, especially when I am busy.  It isn't fair to throw another dog on him (although he would never say no) when he is going to be doing most of the work and is busy himself.  Hannah loves having multiple dogs around, but Titan gets a little sad and jealous when we have to spread ourselves out.


This summer has been filled with house guests, dogs that we are dog-sitting, work events, other events, and trips out-of-town. I cant complain - it has been a great summer so far.  There just are moments when I lie awake at night thinking about what I haven't been doing to help.


Hopefully I can help out Mountain Dog Rescue after our August road-trip through the Mid-West by fostering another dog.  In the meantime, if anyone out there wants to foster please visit http://www.mountaindogrescue.org/ and check out all the amazing dogs who need help and temporary homes.  It truly is one of the most gratifying things I have done in my life, and I cannot wait to be able to help out again.


Dogs that currently need fosters:


Hank - needs a foster in CO

Lake - sweet girl in CO
St. Bernard girl who was saved just before being euthanized in Idaho.
Hopefully making her way to CO very soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment